Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Hopeless Romantic

The past few years have been a series of leaps and bounds for me as far as romance is concerned. There were moments which I will cherish for the rest of my life, and there were moments which I am still trying to get over. But amidst all this there was one thing which remained unchanged, constant accusations by those around me about my ways. This one is basically to hit back at all those who find my ways weird, who accuse me of going overboard with my quest.
Being the Methodist that I am, have taken the pain of making a list of a few of the accusations, followed by my take on the accusations:

1)That my style is very unconventional(sickening):
So, my ways are a little unorthodox....uniqueness has its own charm, does it not?? and I don`t think they have manual for the do`s and don`t`s of wooing a gal. In any case, a hit in 2 attempts (including 2 half chances) ain`t that bad eh?? As far as my last attempt goes....guys.....it was election time in the campus, all of us seek inspiration from whats happening around us, and I guess all the “Poli” somehow got to my head. :)

2)That I am ready to commit at the drop of a hat:
Okay...I am a little commitophilic, but at 22....who isn’t :P ; and most girls usually crave for a guy who is ready to commit, just that somehow they have eluded me so far 

3)That I am a stalker:
The lamest accusation of all, stalking is an art and I am too mechanical for such levels of creativity. On the contrary I have a habit of faking complete disinterest in the girl....as if I am disgusted by her very sight.

4)That I aspire(and in some cases end-up with)the wrong(incompatible) girls:
Chris set out in search of India, found America....and still made his way into the history books, I mean the moron didn’t even get the continent right and yet is among the most admired of explorers. Point is...girlfriends, like discoveries, are never right or wrong, it’s always considered an accomplishment.

5)That I behave like an ass when I am with my date:
Tom Cruise at Oprah Winfrey`s Show......need I say more??

6)That I take the “Love at first sight” thingie too seriously:
Complete Crap....My pursuit usually begins after a whole lot of first sights.In fact in some cases the “sightseeing” goes on for up to a year.

By now, I hope most of you are convinced that my ways aren’t half as bad as you thought, and are unique in their own way. This post will serve its purpose if even a single one of the readers starts sharing my vision.
Call me desperate...Call me insensitive.....rest assured...you haven’t heard the last from the hopeless romantic......
P.S.-Special thanks to Rajat Sharma, Christopher Columbus and his entire crew on board Santa Maria

17 comments:

RAY7 said...

Very personal post. I really have no idea as to who is accusing of being a hopeless romantic because neither do you come across as a "hopeless" being or a romantic to me. :P
Nice witty post. A dry sense of humour keeping perfect pace with the personal theme. Comes across as if you feel strongly about this. Very well expressed. Nicely done mate!

Amit... said...

Take a friendly advice if you will - a true hunter rarely halts to explain his moves and defend his exploits. He swaggers and roars to conquer and kill, and my friend, that is how we shall always like to see you. You are a hunter and one day you will surely find your kill...

As I see it, this post actually is a manifestation of your longing to blurt out what you wanted to explain for long. And you've done it in most amusing of styles through a brilliant piece of writing. Hope your blogs swells with more like these in coming days.

Unknown said...

nice way to explain ur deeds or rather i should say misdeeds.... examples r vry well quoted... nw u have gone so much open... i hav to tell some one ki bas bhai ye ho jaaye ki wo padh le n comment daal de :P

RV said...

@payel
well....thats coz I try to be discreet with the romance... ;)
and ur observation is spot on...I do feel strongly for dis.. :)

RV said...

@dang
dis hunter is way past its prime...consider dis as d last gasp...and u knw me na....blurting things is second nature to me...

@DJ
lolz....sayyam mere dost...discretion is nt n option here... :)
haven`t u learned nethin from d post??.... Poli to be kept aside from now on..

El Diablo said...

Fantastic post. Absolutely brilliant !!

Unknown said...

Very well said...

Nitin said...

I'm sure dis post wil give confidence to ppl who lack d courage to approach a girl thinkin abt the righteousness of their methodology...

I hav seen each one of the mentioned traits in you...bt u missed a very imp. point & i.e. the FIVE YEAR PLAN... Hope you will justify dis one also...

Anonymous said...

these are no accusations mate....
people, when want to copy someone, first laugh at him... its just your ideas are too advanced, for the lands you hunt in..

Unknown said...

nice post brother...well written n expressed..n who knows ur methodical ways better than me..

shaakaal said...

Well WEll Well, Long list of frustations out at last....
hmmmm... I want say that accusations r true... but they may be true...
beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder... :))))
as per my eyes u r a patient, dedicated a little afraid ( or shy )hunter and yes u do like ur prey very early but take time to zero on..
Way to go Mr. Hunter!

Unknown said...

Seems like dormant volcano inside u has finally erupt :P
though i appreciate the confidence..as a matter of fact I have witnessed some of d incidences mentioned above, so its fun reading it :)
very boldly n v well written..
All i can write now is "all d best for d life u cherish" :)

RV said...

@nitin
the legendary 5-yr plan needs no justification bhai!....the plan was perfect..failed to execute it properly..thats it... :P
@sharma
knw wat...I think u are rite...might just change my hunting grnd.. :)
@pratik
shy and reserved hunter!!...I will be an outcast if my clan sees dis.. ;)

RV said...

@ila
alas!..the constant nagging for a comment pays off... :)
ur first hand experience was one of d reasons y i was insisting so much for u to read dis... ;)
glad that u have finally started to appreciate my boldness.. :P

nivita sehgal said...

Atleast something good came out of the constant nagging.Hopeful from the very beginning i thought my accusations would do some good to you.And yes they did,may be not in a way i wanted them to :P

Trisha said...

I SIMPLY LOVE THIS!!

bhavjot said...

Frstly I sturdily counter ur heading . A romantic person can never be hopeless or better said should not be hopeless , as being hopeless is the very end being romantic :P
Talking about accusations … society has some predetermined notions dominating their mind sets , people will say, they are born for that! .. but I believe whatever be the case, be it love or life at the end of the day concern should be given to what satisfies and soothes your futile mind .. you should never have the regret of not being yourself or playing with your individualism.
Your real girl would be one who will still take you inspite of all the so called acts of moronic acts that u put up ..
nice post ! (gr8 people shudnt be praised much :P)