Monday, August 9, 2010

End of Days

Time and again I have had this feeling that I am not destined to a long and ful-filling life and that someday the road that I am walking on will hit a detour. Sometimes the thought that I am holding life by its very tips gets so powerful that it sends chills down my spine. I may be a little too paranoid over here but this recurring thought just had to be penned down. Usually, this feeling is not that strong but tonight it is strong enough to be given some form.
It all started with a few sneezes in the evening, and subsequent body ache a few hours later. I knew that I was coming down with something so, I decided to call it a day at around 11. After about 3 hours of intermittent sleep, I just could not take it anymore and had to get up. While I was trying my best to fall asleep, my sub-conscious was busy writing this post. So, I decided to give sleep a pass and do justice to what my sub-conscious had conjured.
To my surprise, my sub-conscious turned out to be an even greater Methodist than me. It had planned for every eventuality. Should something happen in the middle of the night who was I to call, whose number did I dialled last, Was he a sound sleeper or not, Will he understand the meaning of a blank call at the middle of the night etc. etc. ... (For the record, last dialled number was that of Mohrana who I believe was actually my best shot)
Thought after thought...it was like the spillway of the 3 gorges coming apart...And so came the next surge...The scene shifts from my room to a ward. Who all will be by my side??.... A simple question...with some simple answers. For all that I knew, there would be a handful. The pain started to fade away. I was at ease now, for I knew, come what may, there will always be people by my side, there will always be "Get Well Soon" messages in my Inbox and that there will always be flowers, Cards and Fruit-Baskets on my side-table.
This was followed by the very obvious thought of things left undid and words left unsaid.There was so much that I wanted to say, so many things that I wanted to do. I always cursed myself for being an under-achiever, for being the stand-out example of Jack of all trades, and then my eyes fell upon the Cards, the flowers, the fruit -baskets, and I realised that life hadn`t been that bad after all....
You ask me what have I achieved in my 22 years of existence...well If on some unfortunate day things do get out of hands....just look around my bed...and you will have your answer.

P.S.- For those who are all tears by now, and are cursing me for writing this....with all probability...it`s just some viral infection...

3 comments:

El Diablo said...

I'm honored bhai.....waise really nice writing style...agar subah tujhe dekha nahi hota toh I'd have been really worried :P

Unknown said...

(sobbing).. Get Well soon my friend.. btw.. abhi tak to theek bhi ho chuka hoga..

RAY7 said...

Seems like the fever or cold or whatever little ailment your were suffering from affected your brains!! Talk about Paranoia and you are sure to rank somewhere right at the top in the World Survey Zone, if not walk away with the first prize that is.
You BETTER get well FAST...